As I opened the letterbox yesterday I also got a big envelope of Peak Road Productions. I reacted like: woah, what is inside? Ingrid was so kind to send me the Mother’s House Press Kit – CD. The producers add this item with biographies of cast and crew, poster, trailer and more to all festival requests. So kind that they also think about me.
Maybe you saw on the MH facebook page the first festival acceptances. Mother’s House will be screened in June at:
- 06-08-2011: Hoboken International Film Festiva - ticket information
- 06-10-2011: 31th Annual Breckenridge Festival of Film - ticket information
Chris Washington published his interview with John Cohoe the real owner of Mother’s House.
1. What was your first thought when the producers asked if they could use your house for the movie?
“My first thought was, are you kidding? Then, after thinking about it I thought it might be kind of cool.”
2. Was it weird for you to see a ton of crew members working in your house?
“In a way, yes. I wondered if the systems, like septic, electric etc. were up to the task. And there was no lawn after the shooting. It’s growing back now.”
3. Out of all the rooms in the house, which one is considered to be your favorite?
“My favorite room, my toy room, was not used in the movie. I go into it to play with my collection, much the same way Tom did in his room in the movie.”
4. Has this movie made you look at your house in a different way?
“Yes. The rooms that were used in the shooting were repainted to our specifications. A good thing. I know our 1860 house has stories to tell, and I occasionally hear some of them from old timers in the area.”
5. Would you like your house to be used again in a movie?
“Sure. What’s in it for me? :)”